Perhaps you’re planning a destination wedding, or maybe you have a more traditional hometown “I do” in mind. Regardless, providing your guests with a welcome gift is the perfect way to kick off your wedding weekend! On that note, we are thrilled to share three inspirational welcome gift concepts developed in partnership with The Container Store!
Whether we’re restocking our emergency kits or searching for the perfect day planner, The Container Store is a go-to resource for our team. The store’s selection of organizational bins are just as pretty as they are practical, making them the perfect “base” for our three uniquely-themed welcome gifts!
photos: John Cain Photography
Bright Lights, Big City
Metropolitan wedding in New York City
The Container: A sleek Large Lacquered Rectangular Box in white, packaged with white sizzle shred
- Rocks glasses via Crate and Barrel—Preferably of the Double Old Fashioned variety.
- “Make your own Manhattan” kits labeled with custom stickers—Ensure that each kit includes whiskey, sweet vermouth, and Angostura bitters.
- “Something Sweet”—Treat guests to Ladurée macarons packaged in clear plastic cubes embellished with custom stickers. Purchase your macarons in New York as close to your event date as possible for maximum freshness!
- “Something Salty”—Sigmund’s cocktail-sized soft pretzels in cellophane bags are the perfect complement to your “Something Sweet.”
- Metro card—Give your guests the gift of easy sightseeing by providing them with a Metro card. Purchase in bulk as soon as you land in the Big Apple!
Rosé and Rosemary
Traditional wedding (with a fun “foodie” twist!)
- Bottle of Rosé—If your gifts will be delivered to guests staying at a hotel, be sure to check the policy on alcohol delivery before including your favorite bottle.
- Sparkling sips—San Pellegrino Aranciata sodas are the perfect complement, or substitution, to a bottle of Rosé.
- Miniature mason jars—A unique, rustic spin on stemless wine glasses.
- Jars packed with rosemary-infused cashews + apricots—This glass terrine from The Container Store was the perfect size for each treat.
- Baguette paired with Rosemary olive oil—The chicest of midnight snacks!
- Epsom salts—Select salts infused with rosemary to stay on theme, then package in a glass terrine ensconced in a muslin sack from The Container Store for an artisanal feel.
- Rose spray—Create your own “rose spray” by filling a travel-sized spray bottle from The Container Store with rose water. Finish off the presentation with a custom calligraphy label.
- Travel candle—Perfect for ensuring that each guest’s hotel room feels like home. We love the Amaranth and Jasmine scent by Voluspa.
- Sweet somethings—Give your gift a dash of local flavor by including fresh fruits from the farmer’s market or a delicious dessert item—for a Dallas “I do,” we’re partial to Emporium Pies!
Destination “I do”
Beachside wedding in Cabo San Lucas
The Container: A modern Reisenthel Nestbasket in Ice Blue, accented by white sizzle shred
- Oversized Beach Towel—Our cozy towel sports a preppy rugby stripe. For your own wedding, select the style that best matches your aesthetic.
- Retap Water Bottles—We love the turquoise tops on these tumblers from The Container Store. Even better? These bottles are eco-friendly and sport leak-free lids!
- Beach Radio—This “beach radio” will allow your guests to play tunes directly from their iPhone (without any worries about sand and sea exposure).
- Suncare Products—Select a “Prevent” and “Repair” duo, then label each product with a custom tag.
- “Build Your Own Margarita” kit—Our kit includes tequila, lime flavored rimming salt, and a cocktail mixer. For a non-alcoholic option with an equal amount of local flavor, replace with Mexican soda.
- A beach game + custom maracas: Keep guests entertained all weekend long by providing a fun beach game (frisbees are another great option) and, for memory’s sake, custom maracas embellished with your wedding date.
Be sure to let us know which style is your favorite!